Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Local Swag


I am a little obsessed with procuring the excellent swag from my favorite local joints. It pleases me to support local businesses, but also I have a measure of neighborhood pride. It's a little hard to justify now, since we are so clearly on the map.. and I don't want to be unseemly when I brag about how awesome our neighborhood is. But still.

I distinctly remember our "718" t-shirts from Refinery about 15 years ago (yes, it was).
I've been sporing elementary school gear for a while now, but I'm branching out.

In case you want to know, here are a few good ones:

Superhero Supply: Dave Eggers 826 Valencia project is an inspiration and a joy to behold. Superhero Supply is clever, funny, and totally sincere in its mission to help kids find a love of writing and succeed at school. Good stuff. I love my sweatshirt.

Gorilla Coffee makes great swag. Wanna bring someone a piece of Park Slope? Their graphics are excellent, and the coffee is strong.

Body Reserve Gym: On the corner of 5th Avenue and Union, and housed in a former bank has a swell shirt- an eagle lifting a barbell. Who wouldn't love that?? Apparently, I do.

Cafe Martin's coffee colored shirt with a proud "CAFE MARTIN" emblazoned across the chest.

And of course, ours: Discharge printed on organic cotton, $32:
Get 'em at DK.

xo DK

cute niece modeling and my little brother...


No comments: